Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Jute and Yarn Covered Wreaths

I have finished two new wreaths for my home - a jute covered letter 'B' and a yarn wreath covered with felt flowers.




To make this wreath, I bought a paper mache letter at my craft store, along with a roll of jute twine. I used my glue gun to glue the end of the twine onto the back of the letter, then I sat down with a good movie and worked on wrapping all of the areas of the letter.  When I was finished, I glued the twine to the back of the letter again, and I also used some glue on the outer corners when I was having difficulty getting the twine to lay nice.

In the end, I had wire edged satin ribbon (from The Container Store) and added a hanging bow and a decorative bow.  I think it turned out so cute, and my husband even liked it.

This was my inspiration photo, from Pinterest:


Another cute idea for these paper mache letters I might do for my oldest son's room. Simply cover the letter with burlap - isn't it darling?



I also love these letters, covered in yarn. They would be so cute for Valentine's day!



For my second wreath, I had seen this photo on Pinterest of a yarn covered wreath.





I had been wanting to make some felt flowers, but didn't know what to do with them. This was the perfect solution!  This is my wreath:


And a close up of the flowers - which were so much fun to make!


My genius plan was to attach the flowers to the wreath with little velcro dots, so that I could easily swap out for different flowers.  However they're not sticking too well, and I need to either permanently attach them or come up with a new plan.

The bad news - hubby does NOT like this wreath. Too girly for him, I guess.


No comments:

Post a Comment