Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Homemade Gifts

This year is the first in a long time that I've made some of my holiday gifts. Hopefully, the recipients will appreciate the time and effort put into these various items.


For the first time in 9 years, I got out the sewing machine. I bought cuddly fleece and made these cute but ugly dolls. My oldest son loves these in the store - I just knew I could make them myself.  The small one is a little freaky - like a messed up E.T.  The big one, I think he's cute. Best of all, my son loves him.


These are either called 'wristers' or 'fingerless mittens.'  I like that they're hip and found in cute shops at the mall, and they're so easy for me to make. Simply crochet a rectangle and then do a simple stitch to connect the ends.  Leave a hole for the thumb, and you're done.


I've wrapped up sets of 6 homemade cards, tied them with raffia, and I think they're the perfect teacher gifts.


I bought a plain little notebook at the craft store, and covered it with scrapbook paper and embellishments. I think it's adorable.  On the right is a box with square note paper, also covered in scrapbook paper.  Along with the homemade cards, they are such a cute teacher gift.


And last but not least, scarves.  As mentioned in my very first post, I've made about 25 scarves in the past two months. They're so easy and simple.  I'm too scared to crochet with a pattern, so I just use simple repetitive stiches. I think they are nice and clean looking, and the modern yarn (almost a flat ribbon) gives it a fun look.  I can make one of these scarves in about 2 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment