Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Sewing - Baby Burp Cloths & Tie Onesie

I'm excited about sewing - and my friends are having lots of babies - a perfect excuse for trying out some new ideas.

I looked at many different burp cloth ideas online and decided to make these - you start with a nice, thick cloth diaper (mine are Gerber from Target). I washed them and my fabric to avoid shrinkage.  I measured the size of the thick middle part of the diaper, cut fabric to match,  and then sewed it on with a zig-zag edge.


I used a soft flannel material, and bought several patterns in coordinating colors. I love how they turned out, and a set of four wrapped together with a ribbon will make a darling gift.



I also made a cute little tie onesie. I cut out the tie shape, used wonder-under to iron it onto the onesie, and stitched around the outside. My sewing machine skipped a few stitches (grrr....) - so if you look close you'll see this, but it's still so cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment